|/ / /|
This item is sold in the Midwest Military Equipment
THE "J560 MILITARY TRAILER CONVERTER" IS FOR PULLING MILITARY TRAILERS THAT HAVE A 12-PIN NATO TRAILER CABLE ATTACHED TO THEM, OR A MILITARY SEMI-TRAILER "INTERVEHICULAR CABLE", WITH A TOW VEHICLE THAT HAS A J560 7-WAY ROUND PIN SOCKET, LIKE A SEMI TRACTOR.
• 24 VOLTS @ 10 AMPS (240 WATTS LIGHTING POWER)
• SURGE SUPPRESSION
• OVERLOAD PROTECTION
• AUTOMATIC RESET
• PLUG & PLAY (NO WIRE CUTTING OR SPLICING)
• RUNNING LIGHTS MUST BE TURNED ON TO POWER ADAPTER
• NO MODIFICATIONS REQUIRED FOR TURN AND STOP SIGNALS ON SEMI-TRAILERS
HOW IT WORKS
THE CONVERTERS TAKE POWER FROM THE TAIL LIGHT CIRCUIT AND CONVERTS IT TO 24 VOLTS. THAT 24 VOLT POWER IS FED INTO RELAYS THAT ARE TRIGGERED BY THE LEFT AND RIGHT STOP/TURN CIRCUITS. THE 24 VOLTS FROM THE POWER CONVERTER AND RELAYS ARE FED TO A 12-PIN NATO SOCKET. THE SEMI-TRAILER VERSIONS HAVE ADDITIONAL RELAYS THAT PROVIDE TURN AND STOP LIGHTING FOR MILITARY SEMI-TRAILERS WITHOUT ADDING OR MODIFYING THE TRAILERS LIGHTS.
A NOTE ABOUT POWER
THE ADAPTER WILL SUPPLY A TOTAL OF 10 AMPS (240 WATTS) FOR TRAILER LIGHTING. THE STANDARD TAILLIGHT BULB DRAWS 26 WATTS FOR STOP/TURN AND 8 WATTS FOR TAIL. A TYPICAL TRAILER SETUP OF TWO STOP/TURN/TAIL LIGHT BULBS (ONE PER SIDE) WITH RUNNING LIGHTS ON AND BRAKES APPLIED WILL USE 68 WATTS, LEAVING 172 WATTS FOR MARKER LIGHTS (THEY TEND TO BE 8 WATTS OR LESS). A MAXIMUM OF 20 AMPS IS DRAWN FROM THE TOW VEHICLES TAIL LIGHT CIRCUIT BY THE ADAPTER.
MOST MILITARY TRAILERS HAVE A PERMANENTLY ATTACHED NATO LIGHTING CABLE THAT PLUGS INTO THE TOW VEHICLE, BUT SEMI-TRAILER VARIANTS OFTEN USE AN "INTRAVEHICULAR CABLE".
AN "INTERVEHICULAR CABLE" IS A MALE TO FEMALE 12-PIN NATO EXTENSION CABLE, SIMILAR IDEA TO A J560 COILED POWER CORD, STOWED WITH THE SEMI-TRAILER BUT OFTEN MISSING, PIC HERE: INTERVEHICULAR CABLE
FREE SHIPPING IN THE LOWER 48!
Questions & Answers about this item
No questions or answers have been posted about this item.
Please review Midwest Military Equipment terms and conditions.
Placing a bid on this item indicates your acceptance of the Midwest Military Equipment Conditions of Business.
NOTE: This item is offered as-is, where-is with no IronClad Assurance, and a buyer may not dispute the condition of the item. IronPlanet claims no responsibility for the condition or description of this item. This item does not include any protection offered by IronClad Assurance. A buyer may NOT submit a dispute claim on this item.
- Within 3 business days after the auction, the buyer must submit full payment, including applicable taxes and fees to avoid late fees.
- This item is subject to Missouri sales tax.
- Buyer must pay a transaction fee, based on the final selling price:
- Payment can be made by wire transfer (recommended) or credit card (additional fee will apply).
- All bids are binding and cannot be retracted. Failure to make full payment will result in a Default Fee.
|Final Selling Price||Transaction Fee|
Items auctioned are for pickup only.
Packaging, shipping and removal are the sole responsibility of the bidder.
Employees may not aid in the removal process.
No exceptions will be considered.
For questions about the item, please contact at CustomerCare@ironplanet.com